Please click on the link below to view our September News Letter. Here you will find information and updates about exam results, term dates, uniform and the school’s exciting news about becoming a founder member of the multi academy trust – Invictus, plus much more.
Welcome back to what is set to be the most exciting and challenging school year yet for you and your child as they begin their Key Stage 4 courses.
We know from experience that the best way to ensure your child’s success is for us to work together to make sure that they know exactly what is expected of them and that they take full advantage of the opportunities offered this year to support them.
We would like to invite you to a meeting on Thursday 2nd October where we will:
- Clarify the key differences between KS4 and KS3 courses
- Confirm our expectations for Year 10 students so you are clear about these and can work with us to ensure your child’s success
- Set out the timetable for the year identifying the key dates and deadlines including the external examinations that your child will be sitting at the end of Year 10
- Explain the strategies that we will be using to support and challenge your child across their subjects
- Share with you some of the success stories and issues/problems that students had in Year 10 last year so that your child can benefit from their positive experiences and avoid past mistakes
- Give you the opportunity to ask any questions or share any concerns about the year ahead
We hope that all Year 10 parents will be able to attend not least because (as I am sure you are aware from this summer’s media stories relating to the exams) there have been significant changes to the examinations system which are likely to have implications for your child and we want you to be fully informed about what these changes could mean.
Please let us know if you are able to attend by contacting the school office.
As you will know from information previously provided, we are in the process of applying to become part of the INVICTUS Multi Academy Trust with Ellowes Hall, Edgecliff and Crestwood Schools. During the summer holidays we were delighted to receive notification from the Minister for Education, Nicky Morgan, that the Department for Education has given permission for us to convert to an academy and become a founder member of the INVICTUS Multi Academy Trust.
We would like your feedback regarding this, please click on the following link for more details:
You can now see what our year 10 students got up to on the Battlefields visit to Arnhem & Ypres.
The blog is available at the following web address: http://battlefields.ounsdale.co.uk/2014