Welcome to Ounsdale’s House System, designed to give students the opportunity to:
- Be treated as an individual – not just one more student in a large year group.
- Become a valued member of a small ‘family unit’ within the larger community of the whole school.
- Show respect, consideration and courtesy.
- Build their self esteem and confidence.
- Develop their own strengths within a group.
- Have the opportunity to work with students of different ages.
- Have peer support to combat any bullying.
- Take part in extra-curricular activities.
- Compete and support each other and contribute to the school and wider community through competitions, events and activities.
Staff and students voted for house names and decided on the theme of explorers:
- Sir Francis Drake (Yellow)
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes (Green)
- Sir Walter Raleigh (Red)
- Robert Falcon Scott (Blue)
The introduction of the House System has led to a change in the way points are awarded in school with points now being accumulated into house totals.
Students have been gathering points for their House through participation in activities such as fun runs, quizzes, talent shows and sports events.
Each house has a male and female captain from each year group who are chosen through election.
Heads of House are:
- Miss S Thandi – Drake
- Miss R Thornthwaite – Fiennes
- Mr M Askin – Raleigh
- Miss R Davies – Scott